Welcome. My name is Agustín Benito Bethencourt (toscalix). In this site you can find my professional background together with my thoughts about topics I am interested on. At the same time, it is a modest attempt to reduce the dispersion and take ownership of the information I consider most relevant.
Agustín enjoys customer oriented environments and is well known for promoting open and collaborative environments where:
- A shared vision is a requirement towards alignment, not a feature.
- To build trust, alignment is more important than hierarchy, and a necessary step towards autonomy.
- Autonomy is a requirement towards mastery.
- Mastery is our biggest asset and the fuel of vision.
Agustín believes that the assimilation of this virtuous circle by those he works with, defines the culture of an organization where experimentation and innovation is a constant, not an exception. Only through innovation you can move towards sustainability, the ultimate goal for those who care about the organization and their people.
Agustín promotes Open Source principles and practices as well as popular modern approaches like a Continuous Delivery/Deployment, lean thinking or DevOps.
Agustín Benito Bethencourt has been involved in the Open Source software industry for 15+ years in different management or executive positions. He also has experience as entrepreneur and consultant. Agustín has led multidisciplinary and distributed-remote teams in the design, development, deployment and support of a wide variety of products, services and projects. He also has an extensive background as speaker, net-worker, business developer and trainer.
Agustín has three passions: innovation, basketball and La Palma, the place he calls home. He is a KDE e.V. and KDE Spain member and an openSUSE user. He has been also involved in other Open Source projects/communities at a personal and professional level. Currently he lives in Málaga, Spain, although he spends in La Palma, Canary Islands, also Spain, a couple of months per year.
More about Toscalix and contact
To know more about Agustín, please check any of the following sites:
- Current blog: http://www.toscalix.com
- Former Blogs
- LinkedIn: profile
- Slideshare: Agustín Benito Bethencourt
- Toscalix on Gitlab.com
- Toscalix on Github.com
Feel free to contact him thorugh:
- Twitter: @toscalix
- Personal: toscalix(at)gmail(dot)com or abenito(at)kde(dot)org
- Profesional: (coming soon)
- Skype ID: toscalix (Agustin Benito Bethencourt).
- IRC nickname: toscalix in irc.freenode.net